– Date – May 17th, 2016
– Send your cool “SCIENCE” shout-outs to us via our contact form, or call us at 866-800-2121.
– Theme song by Steve Seamans of the Daisy Dillman Band.
– Get the song HERE.
– Thank you to everyone who has been purchasing books, Skepticality stuff, or using our Amazon link to help us.
– You know you want to be a proud Patreon of Skepticality!
Skeptical Humanities [xx:xx]
– Folger Shakespeare Library First Folio Tour.
– On the Media, On Shakespeare, 4/22/2016.
– The Argosy, vol. 28.(“How Shakespeare’s Skull Was Stolen” begins on p. 268)
– PBS: Shakespeare’s Tomb.
– Channel 4 Press Release.
– New York Times, “Alas, Poor William Shakespeare, Where Does His Skull Rest?
The Odds Must Be Crazy [xx:xx]
– This week’s featured story is, “A Sad Coincidence“.
– Story was submitted by Skepticality listener, Erik Harris.
– Segment Trivia: Dog Birth Certificates.
– The AKC does have registration for dog births under certain circumstances.
– Please visit the story link for a more detailed analysis and to add your comments.
– Additional thoughts and considerations provided by Barbara Drescher.
– Our theme music comes to us courtesy of Brian Keith Dalton, AKA Mr. Deity.
– Visit our new webhost, Skeptic Ink Network at Skepticink.com.
– The Odds Must Be Crazy can be found on Twitter at @OddsMustBeCrazy, Facebook at TheOddsMustBeCrazy, and Google+ at thier profile.
– Wendy Hughes is on Twitter @Wendy91602.
– Heather Henderson is on Twitter @HeatherHenderso
– John Rael is on Twitter @skepticallyPwnd.
– Jarrett Kaufman is on Twitter @TurboFool.
– Barbara Drescher is on Twitter @badrescher.
– Brian Keith Dalton is on Twitter @MrDeity.
– Thanks to our friends Emery Emery and Heather Henderson for hospitality and support for the production of the segment. Visit them at Ardent Athiest and Skeptically Yours.
Interview: Dr. Michael Shermer [xx:xx]
– Discussion with Dr. Michael Shermer.
– Last time Dr. Shermer was on Skepticality was when his book “The Moral Arc” had just come out.
– Since he has published a book of his Scientific American articles from the past 15 years.
– Why haven’t the Libertarians made more a push this year with the climate of the current race?
– United States politics and presidential elections and public attitudes about them has always been heated.
– People even use to sell effigies of Abraham Lincoln to hang on trees and burn in protest out of frustration.
– Donald Trump is soaring in the ranks of the Republican party dispite abnormal tactics.
– No Dr. Shermer DOES NOT endorse Donald Trump, however is impressed with his ability to do so well using his methods.
– The Skeptics Society isn’t doing another big conference, but you should check out their, regular ‘science salon’ talks/lectures.
– Now that Dr. Shermer and his new wife have a new baby, he will not be at Skeptrack at Dragon Con this year.
– You can grab the book, and his others here.