– Date – June 9th, 2015
– Send your cool ‘SCIENCE!’ shout-outs to hosts @ skepticality.com.
– Theme song by Steve Seamans of the Daisy Dillman Band. Get the song HERE.
– Thank you to everyone who has been purchasing books, Skepticality stuff, or using our Amazon link to help us!- Remember to get the Skepticality app, either on iTunes, for Android, or Windows.
The Odds Must Be Crazy [1:35]
– This week’s featured story is, “Monkey’s Uncle“.
– Story was submitted by Brian Hart.
– Please visit the story link for a more detailed analysis and to add your comments.
– Trivia: How Humans and Monkeys are Related.
– Trivia: Sir Isaac Newton.
– Trivia: Bonobos say no.
– Trivia: Maned Wolf.
– Trivia: George Hrab – Geologic Podcast.
– Skeptic Society Conference, May 29-31, 2015.
– Monkey Jokes: Mon-key won’t fit.
– More Monkey Jokes: Baby Ape.
– Additional thoughts and considerations provided by Barbara Drescher.
– Our theme music comes to us courtesy of Brian Keith Dalton, AKA Mr. Deity.
– Visit our new webhost, Skeptic Ink Network at Skepticink.com.
– Please visit The Independent Investigations Group Los Angeles.
– The Odds Must Be Crazy can be found on Twitter at @OddsMustBeCrazy, Facebook at TheOddsMustBeCrazy, and Google+ at thier profile.
– Wendy Hughes is on Twitter @Wendy91602.
– John Rael is on Twitter @skepticallyPwnd.
– Jarrett Kaufman is on Twitter @TurboFool.
– Barbara Drescher is on Twitter @badrescher.
– Brian Keith Dalton is on Twitter @MrDeity.
– Thanks to our friends Emery Emery and Heather Henderson for hospitality and support for the production of the segment. Visit them at skepticallyyours.net.
Interview: Sunny Fugate and Jeane Wong [8:25]
– The League of Extraordinary Scientists and Engineers (LXS)
– Sunny Fugate [Philosopher – Scientist – Engineer – Innovator]
– Jeane Wong, the founder of LXS
– Science-ing: /’sīɘns-iNG/ verb., the teach-ing, experiment-ing, explore-ing, discover-ing, hands on do-ing of science.
– Educators teaching young students to be THINKERS, CREATORS, INVENTORS, and MAKERS.
– LXS provides hands-on “science-ing” to Pre-K to 5th grade FREE to all schools and libraries.
– Adopted by-laws to give equal access to all K-5th classrooms.
– LXS will always be FREE to all schools and libraries.
ble use of classroom time.
– Gathered data from evaluations has shown overwhelming teacher approval of 4.8 out of 5.
– Volunteer scientists, engineers, graduate students and STEM/STEaM-loving parents who teach their passion right next to the in-class educators.
– Running an IndieGoGo campaign to raise funding and awareness to their cause.