– Date – September 18, 2012
– Send your cool ‘SCIENCE!’ shout-outs to
– Theme song by Steve Seamans of the Daisy Dillman Band. Get the song HERE.
– Thank you to everyone who has been purchasing books, Skepticality stuff, or using our Amazon link to help us!
– The advertisement for the Power Balance rubber band bracelet is a model of pseudoscientific jargon, as is the faux testing of it using applied kinesiology.
– The Quantum Cell ad says it will ground your nervous system into the earth's electromagnetic field and restore natural resonance.
– You might not want to use this device while drinking Real Alkalized Water with cellular hydration.
– Some of the pseudoscientific stuff is not funny, however. We know that some people have died because of "bomb detectors" that can't detect anything except gullible procurement officers.
– Some faux products, like the polygraph and the penile plethysmograph, are widely used with good intentions, but they are as likely to lead to injustice as to justice.
– Developers of bogus "energy medicine machines" are like whack-a-moles. None can match Albert Abrams, but William Nelson’s Quantum XXroid Consciousness interface comes close.
– The NIH has wasted more than $1.3 billion funding research on CAM (so called complementary and alternative medicine): twenty years of funding the implausible and nothing to show for it. – Many skeptics have called for the closing of NCCAM.
– In addition to bogus technology, there is the abuse of fMRI and SPECT and other established scientific technology.
– For more on pseudoscience check out the Junk Science index on The Skeptic's Dictionary website.
– The Skeptics Dictionary and Skeptic's Dictionary for Kids.
– A paperback edition of Unnatural Acts: Critical Thinking, Skepticism, and Science Exposed! is now available from Lulu.com. For more info, click here. The eBook is still available.
Skeptrack 2012 – Panel 'Attracting A Mix – Skeptics & Believers'
– Congratulations to Monster Talk the 'sister' podcast of Skepticality for winning a Parsec Award!
– Recorded by Abrupt Media for Skeptrack at Dragon*Con
– Panel Moderator is Sharon Hill of Doubtful News and Sounds Sciencey
– Tim Farley of Skeptools and Skepticality
– Nicole Gugliucci the noisy astronomer, and CosmoQuest
– Check out the streaming video archive from past Skeptracks and the 2012 show when they go online
– Please consider donating to the folks who make all of this content free and available so it can keep going