– Date – October 27th, 2015
– Send your cool “SCIENCE” shout-outs to hosts at skepticality dot com.
– Theme song by Steve Seamans of the Daisy Dillman Band.
– Get the song HERE.
– Thank you to everyone who has been purchasing books, Skepticality stuff, or using our Amazon link to help us.
– Trivia: After a heavy snowfall, trails of hoof-like marks appeared overnight in the snow covering a total distance of some 40 to 100 miles. The footprints were so called ‘The Devils Footprints‘ because some people believed that they were the tracks of Satan, as they were ,allegedly, made by a cloven hoof.
– Bigfoot (also known as Sasquatch) is the name given to a cryptid simian, ape, or hominid-like creature that is said to inhabit forests, mainly in the Pacific Northwest region of North America. Bigfoot is usually described as a large, hairy, bipedal humanoid.
– Please visit the story links for a more detailed analysis and to add your comments.
– Additional thoughts and considerations provided by Barbara Drescher.
– Please visit her blogs: ICBS Everywhere, and her Skeptic.com home.
– Our theme music comes to us courtesy of Brian Keith Dalton, AKA Mr. Deity.
– Visit our webhost, Skeptic Ink Network at www.skepticink.com.
– The Odds Must Be Crazy can be found on Twitter at @OddsMustBeCrazy.
– Facebook at their TOMBC page.
– Wendy Hughes is on Twitter: @Wendy91602.
– John Rael is on Twitter: @skepticallyPwnd.
– Kyle Polich is on Twitter: @DataSkeptic.
– Barbara Drescher is on Twitter: @badrescher.
– Edward Clint is in Twitter: @eclint.
– Brian Keith Dalton is on Twitter: @MrDeity.
– Jarrett Kaufman is on Twitter: @TurboFool.
Interview: Guy P. Harrison [22:00]
– Guy P. Harrison.
– Last time he was on Skepticality was for his last book, ‘Think‘.
– New book is ‘Good Thinking‘.
– How our brains tends to ‘trick’ us.
– The evolution of the brain is a fascinating field of study.
– What spurred the human evolution to become a much higher level thinker than our cousins?
– Some claim that using fire to cook red meat with higher protein levels could have been the thing.
– It is almost impossible to maintain a modern human as a vegetarian without the help of our current markets/grocery stores.
– Diet is actually a huge part of how well your brain and intellect work and their health.
– Over the past few years research has shown that your brain will continue to generate neurons and better/stronger connections.
– Building up more cognitive reserve is critical for long term mental health.
– The subconscious mind is always working and doing a lot more than we are aware of.
– An example would be just how physically small the buildings in Disneyland really are compared to how they look/seem.
– It’s a sad facts that alt-med has done such a good job at making patients feel good while in their care.
– Critical thinking should be seen as required classroom study.
– Why is being a ‘flip flopper’ a bad thing for political figures, shouldn’t we want them to changes based on new information?
– You can get a copy of the book now from here!