– Date – September 16th, 2014
– Send your cool ‘SCIENCE!’ shout-outs to
– Theme song by Steve Seamans of the Daisy Dillman Band. Get the song HERE.
– Thank you to everyone who has been purchasing books, Skepticality stuff, or using our Amazon link to help us!
Skepticism, Past and Future [1:48]
– Buzz Aldrin punched Bart Sibrel on September 9, 2002 in Beverly Hills. It was being filmed for Sibrel’s moon-hoax documentary
– “Astronauts Gone Wild”. No charges were filed.
– Tim first blogged about his captioned copy of the video in a blog post in January, but updated on the value of captioning in a post this week.
– Fans of the Skeptics Guide, the organizers of Brisbane Skepticamp and the Guerrilla Skeptics have all spearheaded various captioning projects for skepticism.
– Various techniques can be used to caption, but Tim uses and recommends the free service Amara.org.
– Skeptic History facts are posted daily on social media find out where on this page at Tim’s blog.
Skeptical Humanities [18:51]
– Women of the Viking Age Kicked Ass, But That Doesn't Mean They Were Vikings.
– Martin Rundkvist, Aardvarchaeology, "Shield Maidens! True or False?".
– Skeptical Humanities.
The Odds Must Be Crazy [27:26]
– The Odds Must Be Crazy.
– This week's featured story is, "Coincidence? I think so!".
– Story was submitted by Skepticality listener Michael O'Dea.
– Please visit Virtual Skeptics.
– Visit the story link for a more detailed analysis and to add your comments.
– Additional thoughts and considerations provided by Ed Clint.
– Our theme music comes to us courtesy of Brian Keith Dalton, AKA Mr. Deity.
– Visit our new webhost, Skeptic Ink Network at www.skepticink.com!
– Please visit The Independent Investigations Group Los Angeles.
– The Odds Must Be Crazy can be found on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
– Wendy Hughes is on Twitter.
– John Rael is on Twitter.
– Edward Clint is on Twitter.
– Barbara Drescher is on Twitter.
– Brian Keith Dalton is on Twitter.
– Thanks to our friends Emery Emery, Heather Henderson and Blythe Renay for hospitality and support for the production of the segment. Visit them at http://skepticallyyours.net/.
Dragon Con Recorded Panel "Denying Evolution and Climate Science" [33:40]
– Recorded on Sunday, August 31st, 2014 during Dragon Con's Skeptrack.
– Big thank you to Mark Distler and the crew from Abrubt Media for the panel audio production.
– Matt Lowry.
– David DiSalvo.
– Dr. Steven Novella.
– Barbara Drescher.