– Date – October 25th 2011
– You can send in your cool Science Shoutout to email@example.com
Skeptic History Notes
– Senator Royal S. Copeland was born November 7, 1868.
– The AMA created a Committee on Quackery on November 2, 1963.
– Journalist James Reston was born November 3, 1909.
– TIME covered alternative medicine on its cover on November 4, 1991.
– The Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act was enacted October 25, 1994.
– Jacobson v. Massachusetts settled that mandatory vaccinations were constitutional in the U.S.
– The Anti-Vaccination League of America was created at a meeting October 19-21, 1908.
– The Vaccine Revolt in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil was from November 10 to 16, 1904.
– You can read daily Skeptic History facts on Twitter or Facebook or download the free JREF iPhone app.
– Dave Daigle is a Media Relations Coordinator for the CDC.
– Dave came up with the 'Zombie Preparedness' campaign, it even includes a graphic novel.
– The Zombie idea became a big hit on the CDC relations blog.
– Idea was about natural disaster preparedness and planning.
– Dave and Ali Kahn were guests at Dragon*Con Skeptrack to talk about 'these are the ways the world wil end'.
– For health, and other CDC alerts sign up for alerts via e-mail, mobile device, Twitter, or in podcast form.
– Dave was important in setting up the vaccine clinic at Dragon*Con and other places.
– Always consult the CDC vaccine guide when travelling and to be sure you are up to date on your shots.
– Follow Dr. Kahn on Twitter.
– Order your own cool Zombie Preparedness poster.
– Watch "My Universe Revolves Around You" the cool video!
– Song by Danny Tieger.