Skeptic History Notes
– The Cock Lane ghost (Wikipedia) fascinated Londoners all through January of 1762.
– The Hammersmith Ghost murder took place on January 3, 1804.
– The Greenbrier Ghost case began with Zona Shue’s death on January 23, 1897.
– Skeptic History facts are posted daily on social media find out where on this page at the Skeptools blog.
– Sean Faircloth was the former executive director of The Secular Coalition for America.
– Sean now is Director of Strategy and Policy for the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science USA.
– New book is Attack of the Theocrats! How the Religious Right Harms Us All – and What We Can Do About It.
– The book deals with the effects and fallout of irrational thinking in our political leaders.
– How can the rational people mount opposition to the well organized religious right.
– The book focuses on the harm that occurs when religious thinking is allowed to influence government policy.
– Takes a view which both the skeptic, atheist, and religious believer can come to a common view.
– We have to persuade a broader public and connect to the hearts of the masses.
– Sean has lots of hope after seeing how the reasonable ‘normal’ Joe-six-pack agrees with most of these views.
– The fundamentalist 50, could have been the fundamentalist 100.
– The pivot point in the USA came around the time between Carter and Reagan.
– Republicans have changed drastically in the past 40 years, Barry Goldwater himself would be outcast in this climate.
– Elizabeth Cornwell works with Sean on USA focused policy and issues.
– Sean will be at the 2012 Reason Rally.
– Consider making a small donation to Skepticality, all of our work is done as a labor of love.