– Date – November 29th 2011
– You can send in your cool Science Shoutout to firstname.lastname@example.org
Skeptic History Notes
– New age author & speaker James Arthur Ray was born November 22, 1957.
– Charles Darwin’s “On the Origin of Species” was published November 24, 1859.
– The Piltdown Man fossil was debunked in a November 21, 1953 article in the London Times.
– The Supreme Court of the United States ruled in Epperson v. Arkansas on November 12, 1968.
– The “Lucy” specimen of Australopithecus afarensis was found November 24, 1974.
– You can read daily Skeptic History facts on Twitter or Facebook or download the free JREF iPhone app.
– Scott Sigler book giveaway winner is Lathrop Preston (contact Derek on Facebook with your details!).
– Brian Thompson the new Field Coordinator at the James Randi Educational Foundation.
– Consider Helping Skeptical Thinking via The Season of Reason.
– Get JREF mobile apps and e-books.
– Get your cool Randi tree ornament now!
– Joseph W. Lazio is a project scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory for the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) telescope.
– The SKA will be able to do some pretty cool science.
– Radio telescopes are a bit different than normal 'optical' scopes.
– One famous radio telescope was seen in the movie Contact and Godeneye.
– The SKA will be using different types of antenna systems.
– You can get involved in the SKA and further exciting science!