– Date – August 18th, 2015
– Send your cool ‘SCIENCE!’ shout-outs to
– Theme song by Steve Seamans of the Daisy Dillman Band.
– Get the song HERE.
– Thank you to everyone who has been purchasing books, Skepticality stuff, or using our Amazon link to help us.
Skeptical Humanities [11:20]
– Thackeray F. Shakespeare, plants, and chemical analysis of early 17th century clay ‘tobacco’ pipes.
– Chemical analysis of residues from seventeenth century clay pipes from Stratford-upon-Avon and environs.
– Thackeray JF. Shakespeare, hallucinogens and a tenth muse.
– Francis Thackeray, University of Witwatersrand.
– Visit Skeptical Humanities for more!
The Odds Must Be Crazy [19:00]
– The Odds Must Be Crazy.
– This week’s featured story “It’s a Small World After All“.
– Submitted by Skepticality listener Chris Benson.
– Trivia: Bed Bath & Beyond Dorm Registry Checklist.
– Please visit the story links for a more detailed analysis and to add your comments.
– Additional thoughts and considerations provided by Mark Gouch.
– Our theme music comes to us courtesy of Brian Keith Dalton, AKA Mr. Deity.
– Visit our new webhost, Skeptic Ink Network at www.skepticink.com.
– The Odds Must Be Crazy can be found:
– On Twitter @OddsMustBeCrazy.
– On Facebook.
– On Google+.
– Wendy Hughes: @Wendy91602.
– John Rael: @skepticallyPwnd.
– Barbara Drescher: @badrescher.
– Edward Clint: @eclint.
– Brian Keith Dalton: @MrDeity.
– Jarrett Kaufman: @TurboFool.
– Thanks to friends; Emery Emery & Heather Henderson for hospitality & support for the production of the segment.
– Visit Heather and Emery at Skeptically Yours.
– Tim Farley and his new wife, Jessica, had a cool, nerdy, wedding.
Interview: Edwina Rogers [27:05]
– Edwina is currently the president for the Secular Policy Institute.
– Has been a conservative her entire life.
– Around the time the League of Womens Voters stopped running the debates in the United States, most of the debates have become just press conferences.
– Worked for George H. W. Bush in international trade issues.
– Obama met with the president from Nigera.
– Positive news in the US Senate was that they unanmously agree that Climate Change is real and humans have caused it.
– Why does the United States government use words like ‘Czar’ for titles, it makes no sense.
– Edwina is the CEO of the Center for Prison Reform.
– It is amazing, and terrible that the United States allows for profit Prisons which is, essentially, allowing profit from crime.
– The City of Atlanta had a terrible run-in when they attempted to make their water/wastewater system go to a private corporation.
– Hopefully all the candidates will pay attention to the shift in public attitudes tword religious heavy politics.
– The parties have told Edwina that they are attempting to screen out candidates who may embarrass them like some current members have.
– Edwina got some attention due to how she wrapped gifts to show that the gifts fit into the federal gift giving rules/limits.
– You can only give a federal employee either a baseball cap or a coffee mug.
– Thanks again to the James Randi Educational Foundation for helping set up the interview.