– Date – July 7th, 2015
– Send your cool ‘SCIENCE!’ shout-outs to
– Theme song by Steve Seamans of the Daisy Dillman Band.
– Get the song HERE.
– Thank you to everyone who has been purchasing books, Skepticality stuff, or using our Amazon link to help us!
Skepticism, Past and Future [1:30]
– Ignaz Semmelweis, a pioneer in antiseptic procedures, was born July 1, 1818.
– Prosper-René Blondlot, mistaken discoverer of “N rays”, was born July 3, 1849.
– There is more on the N-rays debunk in an E-Skeptic feature from 2013.
– Dennis Markuze (aka “David Mabus”) was given a suspended sentence in Montreal on June 3.
– Tim previously covered the “David Mabus” legal case in Skepticality #173, Skepticality #212 and Skepticality #233
– Yahoo Pipes, which Tim covered in his TAM6 talk, will be shut down in September.
– Sunlight’s Politwoops was shut down by Twitter in May after three years.
– Tim previously covered online tools which disappear in Skepticality #250.
– Skeptic History facts are posted daily on social media find out where on this page at Tim’s blog.
Skeptical Humanities [20:30]
– The Vinland Sagas. Trans. Keneva Kunz. Intro. and notes Gísli Sigurðsson. London: Penguin, 2008.
– Wikipedia: The Vinland Map.
– Brandeis University: The Vinland Map: Your Analysis of a Controversial Map.
– Find out more at skepticalhumanities.com.
The Odds Must Be Crazy [20:30]
– The Odds Must Be Crazy.
– Daniel’s TAM lecture.
– Anna Maltese’s Insight article.
– Our theme music comes to us courtesy of Brian Keith Dalton, AKA Mr. Deity.
– Please visit The Independent Investigations Group Los Angeles.
– The Odds Must Be Crazy can be found on:
– Twitter @OddsMustBeCrazy
– Facebook at their page.
– Or over at their Google+ page.
– Wendy Hughes is on Twitter: @Wendy91602.
– John Rael is on Twitter: @skepticallyPwnd.
– Jarrett Kaufman is on Twitter: @TurboFool.
– Barbara Drescher is on Twitter: @badrescher.
– Brian Keith Dalton is on Twitter: @MrDeity.
– Thanks to our friends Emery Emery and Heather Henderson for hospitality and support for the production of the segment. Visit them at Skeptically Yours.