– Date – February 26, 2013
– Send your cool ‘SCIENCE!’ shout-outs to
– Theme song by Steve Seamans of the Daisy Dillman Band. Get the song HERE.
– Thank you to everyone who has been purchasing books, Skepticality stuff, or using our Amazon link to help us!
The News in Religion
– Tim Tebow announced that he would be canceling a planned appearance at First Baptist Dallas church in April.
– Aaron Williams denied the right to wear pasta strainer on his head for DMV photo.
– Appearing on Idol type shows in other countries can mean death threats.
– Heather's other podcasts:
Ardent Atheist on Twitter: @Ardentatheists and Skeptically Yours on Twitter: @SkepticallyYour.
– Follow Heather on Twitter: @HeatherHenderso.
Skpepticism and the Humanities
The Odds Must Be Crazy
– The Odds Must Be Crazy.
– This week's featured story is, "This week's featured story is, "How Don't I Know You?".
– Story was submitted by reader Jim Houston.
– Visit the story link for a more detailed analysis and to add your comments.
– Additional thoughts and considerations provided by Barbara Drescher.
– Our producer and audio engineer is Brian Hart.
– Our theme music comes to us courtesy of Brian Keith Dalton, AKA Mr. Deity.
– Please visit The Independent Investigations Group Los Angeles.
– The Odds Must Be Crazy can be found on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
– Wendy Hughes is on Twitter.
– Jarrett Kaufman is on Twitter.
– Barbara Drescher is on Twitter.
– Brian Hart is on Twitter.
– Brian Keith Dalton is on Twitter.
Edward of Planet Earth – Interview: Nicholas Eftimiades
– Nicholas Eftimiades diplomat, intelligence expert, author, and science advocate.
– Has a degree in intelligence studies.
– Currently works out of London, UK as part of the U.S. Embassy, London.
– His first book was a real page turner, 'Chinese Intelligence Operations'.
– Due to his uncovering of money being funneled to the Democratic Commitee he ended up in the news.
– Was labeled an 'enemy of the people' by the Chinese by their government.
– In China everything is called 'Chinese Socialism'.
– Nicholas found out about a campaign finance scandel in the late 90's.
– Traditionally when money flows between borders war does not follow.
– Was part of the National Security Space Office, which as a cool seal.
– Is a mix of the U.S. Intelligence Community and the Department of Defense to help develop the 'generation after next space systems'.
– Stuff like the 'secret' mini Space Shuttle.
– While working at the Space Office he started the Federation Of Galaxy Explorers to ensure kids of the future are engaged and interested in space exploration.
– Look at the world today and realize how far we have come in just the past 20-30 years, look at all the stuff which now fits in your pocket!
– His latest book, 'Edward of Planet Earth' takes place 200 years in the future.
– A comedy/satire much like Hitchikers Guide to the Universe.
– Looks at the fact that, even though technology changes people tend to stay the same, you can even still relate to the characters in silent films for that reason.
– Nicholas is a big fan of Star Trek and the idea of the future as depicted in that world.
– How will our legal system handle the techology of things like cloning?
– Main characters in the book can upload software into their brains, like in Johnny Mnemonic.
– The computers believe that God must be software, like them. Makes sense since we imagine God like us.
– Nicholas is active on Twitter, Facebook, and even Reddit.
Episode End Notes (Dropfox)
– Check out cool, new, music over at Dropfox it is also on Facebook!
– A rendition of Prelude by Santiago de Murcia performed by John Nowakowski.