- Date – February 26, 2013
- Send your cool ‘SCIENCE!’ shout-outs to hosts @ skepticality.com.
- Theme song by Steve Seamans of the Daisy Dillman Band. Get the song HERE.
- Thank you to everyone who has been purchasing books, Skepticality stuff, or using our Amazon link to help us!
The News in Religion
- Tim Tebow announced that he would be canceling a planned appearance at First Baptist Dallas church in April.
- Aaron Williams denied the right to wear pasta strainer on his head for DMV photo.
- Appearing on Idol type shows in other countries can mean death threats.
- Heather's other podcasts:
Ardent Atheist on Twitter: @Ardentatheists and Skeptically Yours on Twitter: @SkepticallyYour.
- Follow Heather on Twitter: @HeatherHenderso.
Skpepticism and the Humanities
The Odds Must Be Crazy
- The Odds Must Be Crazy.
- This week's featured story is, "This week's featured story is, "How Don't I Know You?".
- Story was submitted by reader Jim Houston.
- Visit the story link for a more detailed analysis and to add your comments.
- Additional thoughts and considerations provided by Barbara Drescher.
- Our producer and audio engineer is Brian Hart.
- Our theme music comes to us courtesy of Brian Keith Dalton, AKA Mr. Deity.
- Please visit The Independent Investigations Group Los Angeles.
- The Odds Must Be Crazy can be found on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
- Wendy Hughes is on Twitter.
- Jarrett Kaufman is on Twitter.
- Barbara Drescher is on Twitter.
- Brian Hart is on Twitter.
- Brian Keith Dalton is on Twitter.
Edward of Planet Earth – Interview: Nicholas Eftimiades
- Nicholas Eftimiades diplomat, intelligence expert, author, and science advocate.
- Has a degree in intelligence studies.
- Currently works out of London, UK as part of the U.S. Embassy, London.
- His first book was a real page turner, 'Chinese Intelligence Operations'.
- Due to his uncovering of money being funneled to the Democratic Commitee he ended up in the news.
- Was labeled an 'enemy of the people' by the Chinese by their government.
- In China everything is called 'Chinese Socialism'.
- Nicholas found out about a campaign finance scandel in the late 90's.
- Traditionally when money flows between borders war does not follow.
- Was part of the National Security Space Office, which as a cool seal.
- Is a mix of the U.S. Intelligence Community and the Department of Defense to help develop the 'generation after next space systems'.
- Stuff like the 'secret' mini Space Shuttle.
- While working at the Space Office he started the Federation Of Galaxy Explorers to ensure kids of the future are engaged and interested in space exploration.
- Look at the world today and realize how far we have come in just the past 20-30 years, look at all the stuff which now fits in your pocket!
- His latest book, 'Edward of Planet Earth' takes place 200 years in the future.
- A comedy/satire much like Hitchikers Guide to the Universe.
- Looks at the fact that, even though technology changes people tend to stay the same, you can even still relate to the characters in silent films for that reason.
- Nicholas is a big fan of Star Trek and the idea of the future as depicted in that world.
- How will our legal system handle the techology of things like cloning?
- Main characters in the book can upload software into their brains, like in Johnny Mnemonic.
- The computers believe that God must be software, like them. Makes sense since we imagine God like us.
- Nicholas is active on Twitter, Facebook, and even Reddit.
Episode End Notes (Dropfox)
- Check out cool, new, music over at Dropfox it is also on Facebook!
- A rendition of Prelude by Santiago de Murcia performed by John Nowakowski.