– Date – September 1st, 2015
– Send your cool ‘SCIENCE!’ shout-outs to
– Theme song by Steve Seamans of the Daisy Dillman Band.
– Get the song HERE.
– Thank you to everyone who has been purchasing books, Skepticality stuff, or using our Amazon link to help us.
Skepticism Past and Future [2:00]
– The Great Moon Hoax was published in the New York Sun beginning August 25, 1835.
– The Harmonic Convergence was supposed to occur August 16 – 17, 1987.
– Ralph René was a vocal proponent of the Apollo moon hoax theory, born August 24, 1933 (d. 2008).
– The Mythbusters tackled the moon hoax in an episode that aired August 27, 2008.
– The Mars hoax emails that appears each year at this time originated with an actual event August 27, 2003.
– Snopes has had to repeatedly debunk the Mars hoax, but this year they covered a new one involving many moons visible.
– Some of the material in this segment previously appeared on Skepticality #163.
– Skeptrack is this weekend, it originated the idea of incorporating skeptic programming into a science fiction convention, since emulated by many others.
– Two new conventions to add skeptical programming in 2015 are Chi-Fi in Chicago and LI-CON in Long Island, New York.
– Tim will be speaking on several panels at DragonCon this weekend – on Skeptrack and two other tracks. His schedule is posted on his blog.
– Skeptic History facts are posted daily on social media find out where on this page at Tim’s blog.